Saturday, April 25, 2009

Black Box


The image is on slide number 82, from the Black Box Between Drawing, Modelling and Representation. I found that this particular image was relatable to a component of my design, as the shape of the building is similar to that I draw. Most of my designs are seem to originate from a cube-like structure before having a number of its features altered to create new living spaces. It would also appear that the scale of the structure is larger than the average, another similarity between Kruger's (the author of the thesis) and my design preferences. By looking at the interior of the space, it is rather minimal and smoothly edged. And even though there are few components composing the space, light and shadow is well contrasted here.



Draft (shape and lighting)

No comments:

Post a Comment